Troubleshooting - Fatal Error, Download Problems
Posted by _Liz G., Last modified by _Dean O. on 19 November 2013 08:26 PM
NOTE: Click HERE for a list of StopSign's minimum system requirements.
Windows 95, 98, and ME are no longer supported by StopSign or by Microsoft.
If you see a fatal error message or if you have difficulties during the installation of StopSign, it is often caused by running other security-related software that conflicts with StopSign software. Look through the list of conflicting programs below and then continue to the uninstall and reinstall instructions to correct the fatal error message.
Look in this list for any security-related software such as:
These applications might conflict with StopSign. You may have to choose whether to disable StopSign or the conflicting software.
3) Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA), if prompted.
4) Follow the prompts to finish the download.
5) If a scan does not begin automatically, click the SCAN NOW icon on the desktop.
6) At the top of the Threat Scanner window, click ACTIONS > ACTIVATE (or EDIT ACCOUNT) on the menu bar.
7) In the box that opens, enter the email address that is currently associated with your account.
8) You may have a choice of selecting:
REPLACE COMPUTER - Click this button if you have an existing StopSign membership and are reinstalling your software or transferring the software to a new computer.
UPGRADE ACCOUNT - Click this button if you would like to purchase coverage to protect additional computers for your existing membership.
9) Click SUMBIT.
For further assistance -
Additional user information may be found via the StopSign KNOWLEDGE BASE.