Installation for FREE TRIAL and PAID MEMBERS
Posted by George M., Last modified by George M. on 23 March 2017 10:25 PM
StopSign Internet Security® is always installed as a FREE TRIAL and must be activated by following the second step in the instructions below.
Follow these instructions to install and activate StopSign®.
**** Do not overlook "STEP 2 - ACTIVATING STOPSIGN". ****
StopSign will not remove infections and will continue to ask for payment if it is not activated.
STEP 1 - INSTALLING STOPSIGN
1. Click the link below (If you cannot click on the link, copy and paste the FULL link into your browsers address bar.):
Internet Explorer and/or EDGE users will receive a dialogue box asking if you want to Run or Save the file. You can choose to RUN it or SAVE the file and then RUN it when prompted.
Mozilla FireFox users will be prompted to SAVE the file. Once saved, left click on the arrow pointing down on the Menu Bar at the top of your browser and double click on the Stop-Sign_install.exe icon.
Google Chrome users the file is saved automatically and will appear in the lower left hand corner of your browser window and you will need to double click it to run it.
For instructions to download Additional StopSign Components click HERE.
2. Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA), if prompted.
3. Follow the prompts to finish the download.
This will complete the installation of the FREE TRAIL. For questions about our FREE TRIAL click HERE.
STEP 2 - ACTIVATING STOPSIGN
1. If a scan does not begin automatically, click the SCAN NOW icon on the desktop.
2. On the menu bar at the top of the Threat Scanner window, click ACTIONS > ACTIVATE (or EDIT ACCOUNT).
This is best done while the scan is running.
3. Choose your method of activating:
1. Select "Use the e-mail address used to purchase".(this is selected by default)
2. In the box that opens, enter the email address that is currently associated with your account and proceed to step 4.
1) Select "Use the activation key provided after purchasing".
2) Enter your activation key in the boxes provided. If you do not have your activation key, you can request your activation key by clicking HERE. (It can also be found on your receipt e-mail.)
Requests for activation keys for your membership are sent the same day requested or the next available business day if received outside of our normal business hours. The request should be sent from an e-mail address already associated with the account. If your e-mail address has changed please call 1-800-803-4588 or visit us in our live chat by clicking HERE. Chat is not secure. If you need to update billing information
it is best to call.
3) In the box provided enter a name to identify the computer. This may already have a name in the field. Once completed please proceed to step 4).
Note: If you have multiple computers please give each computer a unique name to identify it.
4) Click SUBMIT.
5) You should receive a "Successfully Initialized" message or a choice of
activation. The choices for activation are as follows:
REPLACE COMPUTER - Click this button if you have an existing
StopSign® membership and are reinstalling your software or
transferring the software to a new computer.
UPGRADE ACCOUNT - Click this button if you would like to
purchase coverage to protect additional computers for your
When choosing Upgrade account this will only give you an option of choosing an additional computer at the 1 year cost. If you are not on a yearly membership it would be best to call 1-800-803-4588 to purchase the additional license that reflects your appropriate membership term.
For further assistance -
Additional user information may be found via the StopSign KNOWLEDGE BASE.